Internship at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
NEATEC and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) offer a full semester internship in Semiconductor and Nanotechnology.
This is an opportunity for college graduates to learn ab out semiconductor and Nanotechnology manufacturing processes by working in one of most advanced centers in the Nation. The student will be personally tutored by scientists and engineers at the NIST.
Starting Date: September, 2016
Duration: 16 Weeks
Venue: Center of Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST) Nanofab, at the NIST – Gaithersburg, MD
- NEATEC will sponsor only 2 participants on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The NIST will prepare a program based on your Interests and background.
- No cost to you
- Learn about clean rooms, lithography, deposition, etching, CMP, metrology, etc.
- The application deadline is JULY 15, 2016
Who Should Attend?
- The program is designed for 2-year and/or 4-year college graduates from a technology program.
You will Recieve:
- A weekly stipend of $650 for the duration of hte Internship (16 weeks).
- An allowance of $500 for travel expenses.
The NIST Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST) supports the development of nanotechnology by providing industry, academia, NIST, and other government agencies access to world-class nanoscale measurement and fabrication methods and tools. The CNST’s NanoLab offers opportunities for researchers to collaborate on creating and using the next generation of nanoscale measurements and fabrication tools and methods.
This internship is sponsored in part by the National Science Foundation and the NIST under Grant # 1555699. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Science Foundation or the NIST.