NEATEC is offering a FREE workshop on atomic force microscopy (AFM) with particular emphasis in techniques on how to prepare and use a desktop atomic force microscope, how to create samples and how to interpret AFM images.
This is an opportunity for science and technology teachers to learn about this important instrument.
All participants will qualify to borrow a NEATEC AFM for school use.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand the science behind the creation of images by an AFM
- Know how to properly handle an AFM
- Understand how to prepare samples
- Understand how to load and take images of the sample
- Know how to replace AFM probes
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2017
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The short course is designed for science and technology high-school teachers who plan to use the acquired knowledge in classroom activities
NEATEC will sponsor 15 qualified participants, on a first-come, first-served basis
Lunch will be provided