Photovoltaic Technology Workshop – For Faculty
June 4 @ 9:00 am - June 5 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 9:00 AM – Wed, Jun 5, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT
NEATEC presents a FREE, two-day workshop for 2-year and/or 4-year college professors. This hands-on training will provide an introduction to photovoltaic nanofabrication techniques and processes. A solar or photovoltaic cell is an electrical device that converts the energy of light directly into electricity by the photovoltaic effect. This workshop is offered at SUNY Polytechnic’s Albany campus. Faculty will spend all of day 2 working in a clean room.
Attendees will be provided electronic copies of all workshop materials for optional use in their labs and lectures.
You will gain this knowledge and these skills
- Basic principles of operation of a solar cell (photovoltaic) device
- Understanding of solar cell fabrication process steps
- Understanding of material processing and metrology techniques for solar cell manufacturing
- Direct expereince with cleanroom equipment and safety procedures
- Knowledge of solar cell fabrication tools and evaluation of solar cell performance
Presented by: Harry Efstathiadis Ph.D.